Where can you see the best of cinema? Film festivals! These events are a great way to discover new talent, rediscover old masters and get a front row seat to all things film. The problem is these events sell out fast and getting those tickets can seem like an impossible feat. So how do you get your hands on those elusive film festival tickets? Follow tips and tricks below:
There are so many different types of film festivals around the world. There are local film festivals, international film festivals, niche film festivals, and more. Some film fests focus on one type of movie (such as horror or comedy), while other festivals tend to have a theme that runs throughout their lineup in any genre (such as technology or social justice).
Tips to get tickets for your favorite film festival
The film festival season is upon us! If you're like most movie lovers, you've got at least one festival on your must-attend list. But with so many festivals to choose from, and tickets often selling out quickly, how do you make sure you get to see the films you want to see?
Here are a few tips to help you get the tickets you want for your favorite film festival:
- Plan ahead. Most festivals release their schedules several months in advance. Once you know which films you want to see, make a plan to get your tickets as soon as they go on sale.
- Be flexible. If you're dead-set on seeing a particular film, you may have to be flexible with your schedule. Many festivals have multiple showings of popular films, so you may be able to catch it at a different time or day if the initial screening is sold out.
- Get a pass. If you're planning on seeing multiple films at a festival, it may be worth it to get a pass. This will give you access to all of the films being shown, and usually comes with other perks like priority seating and exclusive events.
- Join a group. Many festivals offer group discounts, so see if any of your friends or family are also interested in attending. This can also be a great way to meet new people who share your love of film.
- Check the festival's website. Most festivals have an online ticketing system, so be sure to check the website before heading to the box office. This way you can see if the film you want to see is sold out, and buy your tickets in advance.
With a little planning and flexibility, you're sure to get the tickets you want for your favorite film festival. Enjoy the movies!